Friday, September 4, 2009

A Peek At Our 1st Full Week

In Social Studies we have been learning about communities. The three types of communities are: suburban, rural, and urban. We have been doing many fun projects. Today we finished City Mouse/Country Mouse. We had to pick if we wanted to be a city mouse and live in the city, or a country mouse and explain why. In Math, we did our first TIMS Lab called Kind of Bean. We took a sample of beans from the population and counted the number of beans for each kind. We put our data in the data table and then we made a graph. We made sure to label our graph (the horizontal axis and vertical axis). For Writer’s Workshop, we had to decorate our notebooks. We shared them with our class. In Reader’s Workshop, we decorated our book boxes & we added some useful tools that we will use during Reader’s Workshop. We read Library Dragon and the librarian in the story wouldn’t let the students touch the books! Our classroom library isn’t like that. We brainstormed good ways to take care of the books in our library. In Art we are learning about shapes and lines. In P.E. we did our Fitness Testing this week. REMINDER: There is no school on Monday because it’s Labor Day! ☺ Speedy will be going home with Natalie this weekend! Have a great 3-day weekend! –Room 203

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Miss Gosche, I miss you AND the balls. Everyone from rm 203 misses them. So far, 4th grade is AWESOME, but we started reading room this week, and our reading group teacher was gone so we had a sub. Well I'm so happy i got my own DESK, I get a LOCKER not a CUBBIE, and my teacher is awesome.My brother, Oliver, is fine. (so far.) He is 3 months, AND I CANT WAIT FOR MY B-DAY PARTY! ITS IN 17 DAYS AND I CANT WAIT TO HAVE A 2X DIDGET AGE. I miss you and I miss the balls. but we get 5 awesome macs!

---Camilla THE 4TH GRADER DUM
DUM DUM DUMMMM